Who can get married at St Barnabas?
You can marry in St Barnabas Church if you can answer Yes to one of the following statements:
- I was baptised in the parish
- I prepared for confirmation in the parish
- My parent or Grandparent was married in the parish
- I have had my usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
- My parent has had their usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months during my lifetime
- I have habitually attended public worship at the parish church for at least 6 months
- My parent has habitually attended public worship at the parish church for at least 6 months during my lifetime
St Barnabas and St Mary's Eversley share a vicar and are part of a united benefice. This means that if you live in
St Barnabas parish and would like to be married in St Mary's church that is fine and vice versa.
Banns are an announcement and a legal requirement of your intention to marry and have to be read out on 3 Sundays prior to
the wedding in the parishes where each of you lives.
The Banns are read at the 10:00am service in St Barnabas and in St Mary's Church.
If you live in St Barnabas parish and are getting married elsewhere and need your Banns read, please contact:
We invite all couples who are being married during the year, to attend a marriage preparation session. This is an
opportunity to discuss the Christian aspects of marriage and look at the Marriage Service. We strongly recommend you make
every effort to attend as those who have done so in the past have found it very beneficial.
Most couples choose two or three hymns, as well as organ music to be played as the bride enters and as the couple leave the
We recommend you organise your own florist to arrange the floral decorations. We do ask and would be grateful if you
would leave a pedestal arrangement for our Sunday Services.
We are happy for photographs to be taken once the service is over, at the signing of the Register and subsequently.
If you are planning to video the service, you will need to sign our Permission to Video form, which will cover the need
for you to obtain a copyright licence.
A time and date for a rehearsal prior to the wedding will be made, at which the couple together with best man, bridesmaid,
parents and a representative of the ushers is usually present. This will help to make you feel at ease on the day and for
the service to run smoothly.